For robust market intelligenceThe leading independent voice in the market. For more than 40 years senior stakeholders in shipping, maritime finance and logistics have relied on our robust analysis, balanced opinion and market forecasts.
For advice that delivers resultsOur professionals combine in-depth sector understanding with specialist expertise to provide actionable advice focused on the commercial outcome you seek.
For ocean freight procurement teamsWhether seeking to benchmark your ocean freight costs or improve the efficiency of the procurement process, we offer market intelligence, procurement technologies and best practices to support your needs.
For smarter investment decisionsOur investment and financial research team is staffed by industry specialists, providing a truly independent financial and investment research service on companies in the maritime and shipping industry.
For robust market intelligenceRigorous market analysis and balanced opinion for senior stakeholders in shipping, maritime finance and logistics.
For advice that delivers resultsCombining in-depth sector understanding and specialist expertise to provide actionable advice that delivers a commercial edge.
For ocean freight procurement teamsCutting edge technology, freight rate intelligence and tailored advice to support shippers through the ocean freight procurement process.
For smarter investment decisionsOur investment and financial research team is staffed by industry specialists, providing a financial and investment research service on listed companies in the maritime and shipping industry.
Latest Maritime Research
Container Forecaster (Annual Subscription)
Quarterly Forecaster · Latest release 21 Dec 2017
Detailed market analysis and forecasts
Every quarter subscribers receive an an in-depth assessment and forward analysis of the chemical shipping market. Chemical Forecaster looks beyond the sector to provide a 360-degree analysis of the entire market and the factors affecting the sector. Beyond the usual in-depth analysis and insight provided by our Forecaster products, 5-year forecasts are updated with every new issue. As is the case with our Dry Bulk, Tanker and LPG Forecaster products your subscription also includes complementary Chemical Forecaster Monthly Supplements.
Main sections within this report:
- Executive summary
- Economy and trade
- Chemical tanker shipping trade
- Freight markets
- Vegetable oils, fats and molasses market
An executive summary looks at the global market and analyses the major developments in the market. It covers:
- Chemical tanker freight rates
- Orderbook development
- Time charter rates
- Drewry oils and fats freight index
- Daily FOB prices 4 major oils
Economy and trade
To round off the global analysis of the global chemical trade, a second chapter is devoted to the global economy and trade in chemicals:
- Deepsea transatlantic freight rates and regional freight rates
- Top 10 organic, inorganic and vegetable and animal oils and fats seaborne exporters and imports by country
- Organics, inorganics, and veg and animal oils and fats regional trade matrices
- Total seaborne trade by commodity group
Chemical Tanker Shipping trade
With the global market covered, the next chapter focus on the global chemical tanker shipping trade. It presents an overview of:
- Chemical tanker demand
- Total chemical tanker fleet age profile and type/trading status
- Total chemical tanker orderbook development, type and expected employment status
- Chemical tanker deliveries and demolition
- Forecast chemical tanker fleet by size, type and employment
- Chemical tanker supply/demand balances
- Estimated representative chemical tanker rates – coated vessels and IMO 2/3 fully stainless vessels
- All major trade legs historic freight $/tonne
- Newbuild and secondhand prices – IMO 2 – stainless and coated
- Historical and forecast bunker prices
The following chapter looks specifically at the various freight markets within chemical shipping, across a range of trade lanes and locations:
- Drewry Chemical Tanker Freight Index
- Transatlantic Rotterdam to US Gulf and return
- Transpacific Westbound US Gulf to Far East
- Middle East Gulf to North West Europe and Mediterranean
- NW Europe to India/SE Asia and Far East
- US Gulf to South America and Mediterranean and return
- Far East to Rotterdam and US Gulf
- Arabian Gulf to India, Singapore and Far East
- Singapore to various ports
- Snapshot into Jubail and the Pakistani chemical market
Vegetable oil, fats and molasses market
This chapter looks at the main developments within the vegetable oil, fats and molasses market. Analysis and insight is provided on:
- Main commodity freight rates oils and fats trade
- All major trade legs historic freight
- Monthly FOB prices 4 major oils
- Daily price of crude palm oil and Brent crude
- 380 cSt bunkers
- World vegetable oils supply and distribution
- Malaysian palm oil production and exports by country, month and port
- Sunflower Oil: Production and exports
- Soybean oil: World supply and distribution
- China: Summary of imports and consumption
- Argentinian exports by products, charterer and country
- Argentinian biodiesel operator shares and share of vegetable oil and biodiesel in exports
- Top 18 operators, Brazilian vegetable oil exports and exports by month
- Top 10 charterers, Brazil
- Voyage patterns and selected exports to the Far East